Standing Tall Music City
Work Location: Nashville, TN
General Responsibilities: To provide daily care and supervision for residents in the facility, following all criteria set by the State of Tennessee Department of Children Services and Standing Tall Music City/Wayne Halfway House, Inc. Assist the Shift Supervisors and Director of Security with the implementation of the rules and policies set by the State of Tennessee.
- Perform intake on new residents.
- Keep daily logs.
- Participate in reporting and handling of crisis situations.
- Establish good rapport with residents and teach Independent Living Skills.
- Provide transportation for clients when needed.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources.
- Maintain discipline following State guidelines.
- Monitor residents for safe environment at the facility.
- Conduct yourself in a firm, non-offensive, and professional manner on shift.
- Appropriately communicate with residents as well as staff.
- Demonstrate competence in cultural knowledge, awareness, and sensitivity.
- Follow all applicable policies of Standing Tall.
- Participate in the PQI program as requested.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Security Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience: A Youth Service Officer (YSO)/Direct Care Worker must be 19 years of age with a High School Diploma/GED and NO FELONY CONVICTION. Also, must be able to pass a drug screen and background check. One year of experience working in a children service program is preferred.
For more information, please email [email protected]